Focus and Scope
Caplletra is an international journal of philology that publishes original research on all aspects related to languages and literature, with a special focus on Catalan Philology. It is addressed to all researchers in these areas. The journal has been published twice a year, in spring and autumn, since its first volume, in 1986.
- Caplletra is edited and published by the Interuniversity Institute for Valencian Studies (Institut Interuniversitari de Filologia Valenciana, IIFV) and Publicacions de l’Abadia de Montserrat (PAM).
- Caplletra’s editorial team includes the Editorial Board of the journal and the Scientific Committee.
- Caplletra only accepts original research papers not previously published in any other way or in any other language.
- Papers received by Caplletra undergo a strictly anonymous double-blind peer review process. Reviewers are researchers from outside the Editorial Board and the Institut Interuniversitari de Filologia Valenciana (IIFV), the Research Institute that publishes the journal.
- More than 80% of papers published by Caplletra are by authors from outside IIFV and the journal Editorial Board.
- Each volume of a Caplletra consists of three sections, namely a miscellaneous section, a monographic section and reviews.
- Caplletra has been published regularly twice a year since it first appeared in 1986.
- The editorial team of Caplletra follows a series of technical and ethical protocols in its review and publication system and carefully monitors any suggestion of malpractice.
- Caplletra is indexed in platforms for the assessment, identification and/or impact of scientific journals, search engines for open access journals, journal directories, libraries and networks and collective catalogues.
- Print version ISSN 0214-8188
- Electronic version ISSN 2386-7159